Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 9

I really thought I would be writing a little bit more than this, but I have been really busy recently. I am now on day 9 of Lupron. The first injection was, of course, captured on videotape. I was really scared but I counted to 3 and jabbed that thing in. I did not feel it at all. After 9 days, I have managed to have only 1 bruise. I read somewhere that this is from pushing the medication in too quickly. I have really become quite quick with these little injections. I actually just gave myself one while talking to a friend on the phone. On Sunday, we have an appointment with the Dr. I will be getting bloodwork done and spending some time with the ultrasound wand. I am hoping that we will get the okay to start the stimulation medication. Then I will be up to three injections per day- 1 of lupron, 1 gonal f and 1 menopur. I have been waiting so long for this cycle to get here and I can't believe that I am probably less than two weeks away from an egg retrieval. A month from now (which seems like FOREVER) I could be pregnant!
Overall, I am feeling really positive about this entire process right now. I do envision myself pregnant (hopefully with twins!!) around this time next month. Tomorrow I am going to buy some gatorade and V8. I have recently read that this is good to drink while stimming so I figured why not? I usually don't drink my calories, but I am up for doing anything to help this ivf end with the results I want!
I am also going to try to post more. I started this blog to help others going through infertility and the ivf process. I found reading blogs to be so helpful on this journey and I am hoping that my story might provide some hope, inspiration, or advice to even just one person out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment