Monday, January 19, 2009

IVF #1 is On...

Yesterday I got the go ahead to start the stimulation medication. I was worried because the girl doing the ultrasound said there were 2 areas that the doctor would "need to look at." Given my history of cysts and endo this was not good news and I spent the entire day a nervous wreck. It really was the entire day, too. I did not get the go ahead call until 6:00 pm.
I started the injections at my usual 7:30 time slot, but it turned into a 45 minute ordeal. It turns out I did not have the right needle needed for the Menopur injection. After going through my entire box of supplies several times I called the emergency nurse number. It turns out that the size needle that I needed was never ordered. The nurse apologized on the phone for not catching this error. I ended up having to use one of the HUGE needles and inserting it only half way. It really was not too bad once I got over the initial shock of the needle size.
So now I am on 3 injections nightly- Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur. I had me preop appointment for the egg retrieval today. It was uneventful and I was able to pick up the right needles for tonight.
So far giving these injections is going pretty smoothly. It takes awhile because I am double (and sometimes triple) checking the dosages.
My next appointment is on Wednesday. They think I may stim quickly (Yeah!) due to the large number of follicles on my ultrasound yesterday.
Today I also bought J a Valentine's card and then I started thinking that I could be pregnant by Valentine's Day... how exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment