Monday, January 5, 2009

Meds are here

My IVF meds arrived yesterday. It is quite overwhelming, especially the huge bag of needles. I was trying to count the number of shots that I would be giving myself this month. I got up to 53 and then stopped counting. My husband, J, just wanted to know how many of those he would be giving. He is quite excited about his chance to play doctor. I think it is going to take him a long time to get up the nerve to actually jam that needle in. We will see in just a few weeks. When FedEx delivered the meds I wrote with big black marker on the box "BABY IN A BOX. J took a picture. That is definitely one for the scrapbook.

In other news, today was my first day back at work after the winter break. It seems like we were out much longer than 2 weeks. Luckily, the students were still off today so I had time to plan and get everything ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow will also be my last day without injections for awhile. I have waited so long for this IVF cycle to get here. I can't believe it is finally happening.

I wanted to post this yesterday, but did not have time. I hope I continue to get this lucky with IVF:
My meds were ordered around Dec. 15th. The total bill was around $2800. My insurance will not pay for anything infertility related :( On Dec. 18th I received information about the new prescription coverage company my employer is switching to as of 1/1/09. I called the new company and started reading off the list of meds I needed. After each one, she told me it would be covered. I was in shock!! I called the pharmacy and told them to hold off on my order until after the 1st of Jan. The pharmacy called on the 2nd and told me my new total for meds- $130. Happy New Year to me!!! Now if they could have only switched medical insurance companies to one that covers IVF...

I am going to try to end each post with a quote. I have seen this done on other blogs and I always enjoy it.

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
-Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment