Thursday, January 22, 2009

IVF Update

Yesterday was my first ultrasound and bloodwork check. I still have a lot of small follicles which is normal for this early on. My estrogen is really high though. From what I know, it should be right over 100 and mine was 751. This has me very concerned. They cut down my Gonal F from 225 to 150. I have another check scheduled for tomorrow. Since tomorrow is Day 6 I am hoping that we might have some measurable follies, but I am not sure if it is still too early. I was really hoping that they might cut out the menopur. I am not exactly sure what menopur does, but it burns and seems to inject sooo slowly!
I am feeling okay, but extremely tired. Today I almost fell asleep during a reading group. I definitely wish that there was a nap time in 2nd grade. I need it now. I am very much looking forward to tomorrow being Friday.
We are also still going by our original IVF calendar which means my egg retrieval will be Jan. 29th. I can't believe that this is less than a week away. It really is so surreal still. I have to get substitute plans ready since I will probably be out Thursday & Friday if all goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment